Friday, January 21, 2011

Party at Home

     We had our small, family party last night--the big bash is tomorrow. We kept things super simple. Instead of paper, I just wrapped Salim's gifts in some silk. I also made a card that incorporates some of his favorite things from this past year--a fire truck, train, dinosaur, snake, campfire, bird, full moon, rainbow, sun and tree. 



     I made a raw torte for dessert:
                                   
     *The bottom layer is 1 1/2 cups each soaked pecans and raisins, then pureed. 
                                  
     *The second layer is 1 large avocado, 3 T carob and 3 T agave nectar. I chilled                                                         both layers for 4 hours.
                                   
     *Last, I topped with cashew cream: soak 1/2 cup cashews then puree with 1/8   cup orange juice and 2 T agave nectar until desire consistency. 
    
     Next time I'll use dates instead of agave nectar for improved consistency.

Raw birthday torte.



     I had a few felted sweaters from a project I didn't complete, and Salim is very into snakes right now, so I made a snake from the arm of a felted sweater. I also made a pair of "birthday pants" from a felted sweater. There's a great tutorial here. A super fun day and more birthday fun to come tomorrow!




Felted-sweater snake
Felted-sweater birthday pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment